FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We are committed to keeping students updated on the COVID-19 situation as information becomes available. Bookmark this page.
Q. Are in-person Kaplan courses cancelled?
For courses prior to 29th May: We are moving in-person classes to take place Live Online (streaming). Our teachers are trained to teach in an online environment and we are confident you will have a great learning experience. Alternatively, students can choose an In-Person course at a later date, when In-Person classes are likely to resume.
We will communicate any details about your particular class via email, so please be sure to check for any emails from Kaplan with further information.
If you would like to make any changes to your start dates or prep options, please use these instructions:
- Click on the Support tab
- Click Create a New Case
- Topic: My current or past prep
- Topic Details: Changes to my class or program
- Be sure to include the Live Online class code/schedule you’d like to switch to
- We’ll handle the rest and send you an update
Alternatively please email email@example.com for assistance.
Q. What are my options if I want to minimise my contact with others?
A. You can sign up for our Live Online and On Demand (self-paced) online courses.
Q. What if I am on a student visa at a U.S. Kaplan location?
A. Currently, all normal SEVIS rules apply for students studying at U.S. Kaplan locations on an F-1 visa. Decisions to adjust any location hours or protocols will be made on a site by site basis. Please check with staff at your location as well as the location Facebook pages for updates.
Q. What should I do if I’m nervous or anxious about the virus?
A. The NHS provides helpful information and advice.
Q. What should I do to protect myself and others from spreading the virus?
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are ill
- If you have fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.
Note: NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do.