TOEFL Preparation Online -
Prep on demand with video tutorials and practice materialsSee Plans & Prices
- Course Options
- Course Features
- Course Topics
Improve your score on the TOEFL - guaranteed!
Our course will help you understand every question and task type on all four sections of the TOEFL iBT whilst applying Kaplan's score-raising techniques to help you approach the test with confidence. We provide guidance to develop your reading skills, increase your listening skills and improve your speaking section responses. Through our video lessons and native-speaker feedback on writing samples, we will also help you hone your essay planning and writing skills.
TOEFL Prep Options:
TOEFL Home Study Course includes:
190+ Online Videos
Access our complete library of TOEFL instructor-led videos, taught by our highly-ranked expert faculty.
450 Practice Items in Book
Our TOEFL Prep Plus book provides over 450 practice questions and exercises. Here you can put into practice what you have learned throughout your video tutorials to ensure that you have fully understood the material.
4 Full-length Practice Tests
Simulate the entire exam with these realistic full-length tests. These will track your progress and act as a guide to find out when you are test ready.
You will have access to our Smart Report™ technology, which will clearly outline your strengths and weaknesses - so you will know where to focus..
Bring our TOEFL course to you! Receive 6 months access' to expert instruction for all areas of the test through video tutorials, practice materials as well as Kaplan's TOEFL Prep Plus book. Available 24/7 on demand for total flexibility.
If you don't score higher, you can study with us again for free or get your money back.
TOEFL Speaking & Writing Review includes all of the above plus:
Submit recordings and receive detailed feedback from our expert native English speaking teachers in your online study center.
Writing Sample Review
You can submit your essay samples to the Kaplan Essay-Grading Team and receive a grader's score and feedback.
TOEFL PLUS includes all of the above plus:
3 hours of online tutoring
You will have personalized coaching sessions, focusing on the speaking section of the test, by our top-ranking native English speaking Kaplan instructors.
Topics covered as part of the course options
- Fact/Detail Questions
- NOT/EXCEPT Questions
- Vocabulary Questions
- Inference Questions
- Rhetorical Function Questions
- Coherence Questions
- Paraphrasing Questions
- Drag 'n Drop Table Completion
- Drag 'n Drop Summary
- Main Idea Questions
- Purpose Questions
- Detail Questions
- Speaker's Attitude Questions
- Rhetorical Function Questions
- Drag 'n Drop - Sequencing Questions
- Content Relationship Questions
- Inference Questions
- Independent Description Task
- Independent Persuasive Tasks
- Reading and Conversation Integrated Task
- Reading and Lecture Integrated Task
- Conversation Integrated Task
- Lecture Integrated Task
- Reading and Lecture Task
- Independent Expository/Persuasive Task
- You are a student from a non-English speaking country looking to study in an English-speaking university
- You are a student at an ESL institute looking to raise your TOEFL score to graduate or proceed to the next level of English study
- You are an international student looking to take the TOEFL for certifications or scholarships at English-speaking universities
- You are mostly confident with your English-speaking skills but are looking for a refresher course
How can I prep for an English test online?
Our online courses for the TOEFL exam are completely comprehensive and contain the same material as a live course option. Here's an example of how you should prep using our online course...
- 1. You will start your course by taking a full-length practice test, so that you can have an idea of your starting position. This will show you which are your weaker areas, so you can focus your initial study on these.
- 2. Then you will watch the lesson videos, complete the practice questions and exercises as instructed as well as read the corresponding content in your TOEFL Prep Plus book.
- 3. You will use your detailed score reports to assess your progress and they will clearly identify which test areas/question types you should focus your study.
- 4. Once you have reviewed your problem areas and re-tested your skills using your practice questions and full-length tests you will have the skills to help you get the maximum score possible.
How will I prepare for the speaking & writing sections of the TOEFL?
You will have lesson videos on the exam content, the Kaplan strategies on how to identify and approach each question and task type as well as hundreds of practice questions for you perfect your skills in these areas. You will also be provided with Kaplan's Assessment Checklist that you will use to evaluate your speaking and writing responses. If you would like your speaking and writing answers to be reviewed by our expert TOEFL assessment team you might find TOEFL with Speaking & Writing Review an option better suited to you. They will review each submission recording or text and offer you detailed feedback identifying where and how you can improve.
Don't I need to talk directly to someone for the TOEFL speaking section?
When sitting the speaking section for each practice test, we actually replicate the test format, so you will become used to submitting your answers by speaking into a microphone and recording, just like you will when you take the TOEFL iBT. This is particularly helpful for those that find it difficult to speak into a void and prefer a real person, as this will not be the case on test day.
How long are the lesson videos?
We have broken down our lesson content into easy to follow 3-5 minute lesson videos. This helps you to take in the information and also easily identify which lesson video you need to re-watch, as part of your review for each section. This way you will not need to go through hours of video just to find the area you want to watch.
Can I start prepping straight away?
Once you sign up for your TOEFL Home Study Course, you will have access to your course materials the very next day! The only thing you may need to wait for is your books to be shipped to you (if you have selected this option) although you will have access to the e-book version at the same time that you have access to your online course.