Medical School Panel Interview Preparation - from $250
Your chances of medical school raised
- Course Overview
- Why Kaplan?
- Topic Areas
Interview Preparation from the experts in UCAT tuition
Kaplan's Medical School Interview Preparation Course is designed for students who are looking to successfully manage the pressure and unfamiliar dynamics of their Medical School interviews, with the guidance of experts in the medical field.
This 1-day course provides a comprehensive review of interview mastery techniques, and a mock one-to-one interview with practising doctors and current medical students. You will also be provided with a Medical School Interview coursebook.
With the competitive entry requirements to medical schools, having excellent A-level grades and a top UCAT or BMAT score is not enough to get you into the Medical School of your choice. Your interview is an equally important part of your application, and our course is designed to give you the practice and support to interview with confidence.
All of our Panel Interview Preparation courses are delivered live online for students having their Medical or Dental school interviews between Nov 2020 - Feb 2021.
Why take Kaplan's Medical School Interview Preparation Course?
- The course provides 6 hours of intensive interview instruction and practice from medical professionals, providing you with a balanced mixture of interview mastery lessons and one-to-one practice and guidance.
- We have worked with more doctors and medical students than any other provider of medical school preparation services, so you can be confident that you'll receive experienced and current interview instruction.
- Our course is structured to ensure practice makes perfect. You will conduct a mock one-to-one interview, with our experts and receive personalised feedback on your performance.
- At Kaplan, we pride ourselves on ensuring students feel confident for their tests, and you will receive ongoing support until your official Medical School interviews are complete!
What you can expect to learn:
Medical Industry Insights
Learn critical content for common interview topics, and effectively discuss key information on relevant topics such as the NHS, medical ethics and medical education in an interview setting.
Interview Mastery Techniques
Get Kaplan strategies to prepare yourself for the most challenging interview situations, and gain comprehensive, knowledgeable answers to traditional and popular interview questions.
Panel Interview Prep
Learn to manage unfamiliar situations in interviews with poise and focus.
Understand Your Interviewer
Pinpoint what interviewers are looking for from the perspective of current medics, and understand how to present yourself professionally and eloquently to interviewers.
Course Structure & Lesson Breakdown
View a chronological preview of the course structure and get a good idea of the topics which will be covered further below.
|Medical School Interview Preparation Class|
|Welcome & Overview*|
|Lesson 1: Interview Mastery Techniques|
|Lesson 2: Understanding Research|
|Lesson 3: The NHS|
|Lesson 4: Medical Ethics|
|Lesson 5: Questions About You|
|Lesson 6: Questions About Medical School|
|Close and Wrap Up|
*Throughout the class, each student is taken to a separate room to conduct a mock 1:1 interview.
Use our FAQs to help you select from the available options for medical school interview preparation.
1. What’s the difference between the Kaplan MMI Circuit Practice, MMI Strategy and Skills course, and an Interview Preparation course?
The Kaplan Interview Preparation course is comprehensive and provides strategies for approaching the topic areas that are covered in traditional panel interviews, with the opportunity for 1:1 practice.
The Kaplan MMI Circuit Practice course offers realistic practice for the MMI with 2 full multiple mini-interview circuits made up of 20 stations.
The MMI Strategy and Skills course, combines both theory and practice to give you the best of both worlds in tackling MMIs.
2. I start year 12 in September: will I need to consider either the MMI course options or the Medical School Interview Preparation course?
If you’re just finishing your GCSEs, there’s still time before making decisions on medical school interview preparation. An initial step would be to gather more knowledge about the medical schools to which you can apply, in order to see which interview style they use.
3. I’m starting year 13 in September: which interview preparation course should I consider?
You should initially consider the MMI Strategy and Skills course or MMI Circuit Practice, as most universities will require MMI practice. If you know that you are applying to a university who will carry out panel interviews, you should consider the Interview Preparation course/.
4. How do I decide on the interview course I should take when I haven’t received interview offers yet?
You can get in touch with the medical schools where you have applied, and see which of them run panel interviews or MMI. This will help you understand the style(s) on which to focus your practice.
5. I’m quite nervous about the unusual dynamic of MMIs, but also need to brush up on interview topics like the NHS and medical ethics. Which option do I go for?
We advise that you opt for our MMI Strategy and Skills course if you’re looking for support on MMI stations but also interview topics.
6. Can I take more than one interview prep course?
You most definitely can! This is particularly the case if you are applying to universities that require you sit different types of interviews. Plus, if you are only applying to universities that run MMIs as part of their interview process, you may decide after attending the MMI Strategy and Skills course, that you want more intensive practice. You will find more MMI practice opportunity in the MMI Circuit Practice course. What's more you can save up to £30 if two courses are purchased together.