Study with the leader in test prep and get into the top MBA or Master's programme in the US and worldwide. You'll score higher on the GMAT, guaranteed* with Kaplan's proven techniques and strategies.
All courses include: Accomplished teachers [?]
+ 5000+ online practice items [?]
+ Course books [?]
+ Exclusive features [?]
Choose your delivery method:
Stream live classes and workshops, or watch on-demand.
Join our popular classroom course in central London.
One-to-one customised instruction, in person or online.
What you'll learn with Kaplan:
- Understand the breakdown and scoring of the Verbal section.
- Excel at Critical Reasoning questions, including assumption-based questions, inference, Explain, and Bolded Statement question types.
- Master strategies for Sentence Correction questions, such as which grammar errors and recognize these common patterns to score more points.
- Decipher Reading Comprehension questions by zeroing in on keywords and reading for structure can help you get more points.
- Master Quantitative methods and strategies to make you more efficient at Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency question types.
- Learn how the GMAT tests:
- algebraic concepts (isolating a variable, quadratics, and systems of linear equations)
- arithmetic concepts (fractions, decimals, exponents, and radicals), geometric formulas (such as those for polygons and circles)
- statistics concepts (median, mode, and range), and how the GMAT tests ratios and proportions, as well as common three-part math formulas such as the average and speed formulas.
- Plus: learn what skills the test maker is evaluating in Integrated Reasoning section and why the on-screen calculator is not necessarily your friend.
- Understand the format, scoring, and central task of the Analytical Writing Assessment section.
- Learn in-depth strategies for attacking Analytical Writing prompts with our Analytical Writing Assessment video workshop.
We offer additional practice options for those looking to add to their GMAT studies, or to target specific areas of the test.
Over 2,300 realistic GMAT practice questions, with in-depth reporting to identify areas for improvement.
Boost your score with test like practice, combining our QBank with full-length practice tests, flashcards, and video lessons.
Online video lessons covering essential maths topics found on the GMAT to help you master the quantitative section.
Preparing for the GMAT
Applying to business school or graduate school may be one of the most important decisions - and investments - you make in your life. To get into your top choice school, you need to score as highly as possible on the GMAT.
The GMAT is a competitive test with high stakes. You should definitely prepare thoroughly – it is not enough to turn up on test day and hope for the best! It is also not enough for the vast majority of people to simply skim a GMAT book over a weekend.
The MBA admissions process is very competitive
The average acceptance rate at the leading business schools is between 5% and 19%. A high GMAT score is one way to stand out from the crowd and increase your chances of acceptance. With the average score at top U.S. schools above 700 (or the 90th percentile), you must perform extremely well on the test in order to remain competitive and submit a winning application.
The GMAT is still under your control - unlike other aspects!
Of all the components of your MBA applications, many will already be set in stone - e.g. your undergraduate scores, work history, etc. The GMAT, on the other hand, is one of the few admissions factors that you can STILL CHANGE at this point - so be sure to spend sufficient time and effort in maximising the potential gains of this vital aspect of your application.
The GMAT is probably different from any other exam you've taken: it is a computer adaptive exam and includes unique question types such as Data Sufficiency. Preparation and practice are crucial for this unfamiliar test format, and you will need to develop your skills in both content and critical thinking in order to perform well under pressure.
More Studying = Higher Score!
It's no surprise that the more effort you put into something the better the results. That is no different with the GMAT. The most successful business school candidates allowed 3-6 months to prepare for the GMAT, and test takers who reported studying for 90+ hours yielded scores of 700 or higher*.
*According to the GMAC™ (2017) mba.com Prospective Student Survey
What is the best way to prepare for the GMAT?
Test preparation depends on the individual. The best way for you to prepare depends on many factors: your familiarity with standardised tests, your level of English and grammar knowledge, your work schedule, family commitments, the amount of time you can devote to studying, etc.
At Kaplan, we're here to make test preparation as straightforward and effective as possible. We offer various ways to prepare for the GMAT: attend one of our comprehensive GMAT courses - in London, Live Online or Self-Paced, or consider GMAT Private Tutoring for a completely tailored approach.
Kaplan GMAT Course
Rated 4.4/5 based on 100 reviews from the Beat The GMAT® social network*
Why prepare for the GMAT with Kaplan?
Expert GMAT Instruction
Our courses are taught by Kaplan trained teachers who scored in the 90th percentile or higher on the GMAT.
Teacher support until test day
You will receive full support on your GMAT questions, even after your course has finished, with email access to our teachers.
Access our Online Study Plan
Access 5,000+ practice questions, 9 full-length practice tests with scored Integrated Reasoning sections, and 160+ additional hours of instruction and practice.
Customised Study Reports
Identify and target your areas of improvement with our adaptive learning technology. Smart Reports® provides you with personalised study recommendations based on your individual needs.
Official Test Day Experience
A benefit only available to Kaplan students through our exclusive partnership with Pearson VUE. Our Official Test Day Experience allows you to take a practice test in a real GMAT testing facility.
Higher Score Guarantee*
You will score higher on the GMAT or your money back. It's that simple.