Careers - GMAT Teacher
Job Title: GMAT Teacher, London UK Kaplan Center
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time, One-Year (non-renewable) Contract
Required Working Hours: Days, Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends (varies)
City: London, United Kingdom
In this role you will lead assigned classes and carry out private tutoring assignments. You will be trained to deliver our proven curriculum to help your students achieve their highest possible test scores. We seek dynamic, engaging presenters with a proven ability to motivate others. Candidates MUST have prior experience teaching the GMAT for Kaplan, as well as an eagerness to take advantage of this exciting opportunity to spend a year teaching students from all over Europe while living in London. The successful candidate will also have a chance to teach GMAT classes in other European countries, and to cross-train for UKCAT (www.ukcat.ac.uk) and teach UKCAT courses across the UK and Ireland.
Please note: this position is for a one-year non-renewable contract, due to UK government restrictions on work permits for non-UK/EU citizens.
- Work directly with classroom, tutoring and consulting students, an average of 35 hours per week.
- Learn and retain knowledge related to all aspects of the GMAT including knowledge of test format, dates offered, test enrollment process, and admissions timeline.
- Support the EMEA Academics Team (office staff and part-time teachers) as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High energy level, confident and optimistic demeanour and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- GMAT and SAT teaching experience essential
- Teacher Excellence of 70% or higher essential
- Teacher Excellence of 80% or higher preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2+ years’ experience in teaching for Kaplan essential
- Ability to work flexible hours, as communicated by manager, in order to meet business objectives
- Must be willing to relocate to the UK; Kaplan will secure a one-year (non-renewable) working visa.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the UK and Europe
Salary range: £23,000-£25,000 per annum, plus benefits, including 25 vacation days.
To apply for this position: Apply with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to: Peter O’Malley, Associate Faculty Manager, Graduate Programmes, at email@example.com.
Application deadline: Wednesday 20th February 2013; interviews will begin as soon as resumes are received.